We are on your side during the negotiations
- Retail Marketing Team has extensive experience with such negotiations. We know what figures and percentages need to be negotiated on, and will offer suggestions on how you can best motivate your prospective partner to make his best effort for you. We advise not go to extremes to maximise your short-term benefit, but to aim for optimisation in the long run.
- The specialists of Retail Marketing Team have a good understanding of culture and cultural differences. They can explain the body language of the other party. This will help you to better understand what results you can achieve or not.
Evaluating and motivating your Retailer or Distributor
- Some markets may be tougher than others, but eventually the sales results depend on the activity of your local partners. How much time and money do they spend on promoting your goods or services? Are they eager to do business development and increase their market share?
- You’ll only get a clear answer on these questions if there is an open discussion with somebody they trust. If that is not you or your export manager, then is makes sense to hire a local distribution specialist. He or she can also distinguish the real problems from the fake stories, and together with your business partner define and monitor a path for growth.
- We can help you monitor and compare your local partners, and see whether they outperform the market or not.
We help to resolve problems and misunderstandings
Sometimes you need somebody to mediate with your foreign business partner if a problem of misunderstanding persists. For example when it doesn’t get to a deal or when an invoice is not paid. This is where we come in as well. We can contact the company by phone in their local language, assess which are real obstructions or just excuses, and help you to get to a solution. Our efforts will pay of in more sales, less costs or quicker payments.