A lot of food and beverage sales agency company are emerging and taking up the work load of sales of goods from its partner companies. With its experienced sales team its clear objective is to any how increase the volume of sales. Along with maintaining the sales it too promotes the product and increases the brand recognition. But before proceeding what in real sense is sales.Sale in shot can be defined as a transaction between two parties or more in which the transfer of goods either it be tangible or intangible or services takes place in exchange of money or other asset.
Field sales is a process in which sales staff visit customers to sell goods in person .the outside sales are managed by the sales agency field sales representatives and other sales staff who coordinate with them . They work for both wholesaler and B2B (business to business) organisations.
By field sales we are able to achieve the following objectives:
- Close deals at high rate
- Strengthen relationship with existing clients
- Cultivate new leads
- Represent and promote brand doing customer interaction
- Educate customer how the product could benefit them economically
- Monitor competitor , new product and market
Next initiative taken by the sales agency is direct selling where sales representatives reach directly to consumers at home or work or through online medium. This is the process which eliminates the real of middleman and the need of distributors and wholesalers.
There are basically three types of direct selling
- Single level direct sales: it process of one to one sales as through door to door sales via sales person presentation. this also includes sales via online medium
- Host or party plan sales: this involves distributors or their representatives at the client home giving presentation of product. In return of assures sales they are rewarded with commission or bonuses.
- Multi-level marketing (MLM): it is composite marketing plan also called as network marketing which includes both of the above marketing tool it include single party presentation or online selling via catalogues . Here also earning is commission based.
3.Door to door sales
Door to door traveling technique is generally used for generating sales, marketing, campaigning, and advertising. In this a sales person travels door to door to sell products to general public, gather information in form of survey.
It’s a part of direct sales involving cold calling then presenting products and services and further on convincing compelling customer to complete the sales.
This is the main strategy adopted by any food and beverage sales agency before
- store activation
- product launch
- product demonstration
- product samplinh
Sales promotion: Sales promotion is the process by which one persuades a customer to buy a product. This is very useful in case of food and beverage industry. It’s a kind of short term marketing tool used in order to boost the sales. It’s useful far the reason that it helps to build long term customer loyalty.
Before starting any sales promotion one must take into account the following points
- Cost of promotion: it should not exceed a limit. Otherwise we will not be able to recover that cost easily.
- Competitors : A full description of all the competitors should be known and strategy should be framed beforehand to combat them
- Distribution of various free gifts and loyalty cards would be very beneficial as it will support the growth of your business along with increasing the loyalty of customers
- Presentation of promotion via posters display stands should be at best and place strategic place to target the target audience.
Coupons are the strategic tool used by the marketers across the retail industries to attract consumers. They are of various forms such as
- Free standing inserts: these coupons are loosely inserted within the newspaper or mails and when consumer buys the product he receives the coupons and hence then he get it and can avail the offer after producing the coupon.
- Merchant printed coupons: this is a special coupon provided to customer when he or she completes the purchase. This coupon intent is to persuade the customer for revisit to the place of purchase so that he can avail the benefit of coupon as a result triggering the future purchase.
- Cross product promotion: this strategy is of promotion is unique in its own sense it allows customer to avail the benefit of other coupon on the other product. For example a tooth paste can have an offer coupon giving discount on tooth brush of same brand. It’s a marketing mix strategy which aims at much conclusive and positive sales response.